Friday, February 4, 2011

Making the most of your knowledge.

Most internet marketers promote their products or services using two common strategies.


One is all about the money:
"Get in now for $14.99 and start earning $7,500/month!"
We've all seen this approach time and again, however its been done to death and tends to attract fewer and fewer people. I rarely pay any attention to an email or website making these promises and I'd bet that most of us do the same.

Two is all about the product:
"Once you try my product you won't be able to live without it!"
This is a common marketing technique made famous by Ron Popeil (Remember the Vegematic?).
I pay more attention to product information and will at least consider it if it enhances my personal or work life. Personally I only represent things that I find useful, time saving and/or money saving. This is an element I tend to stress in my marketing campaigns. If the product or service is simple and straight forward it tends to be easy to get the message across.

And now for something different.

Three is all about the learning:
Last week I learned how to increase the number of inlinks to my sites using iMacros with Firefox. It came in the form of a training video offered to subscribers to a program I promote. It was an eye-opener for me. I quickly applied my new knowledge to all of my sites and increased visibility dramatically.
I related this experience in an email my prospects about the program. I let them know that this little tid-bit of information was more than worth the sign-up price. I told them they could apply this knowledge to other programs they were involved in and how I had done the same. I let them know how excited I was about learning this valuable skill.
I shared a positive learning experience and got results. Something I will do more frequently now

Maximize your Facebook Potential - http://bit.ly/huwBuJ

No comments:

Post a Comment